Never having done this before, I was a bit nervous at the start.
1) The canvas is 30 x 40" with a total of 70 staples on the back (yes I counted them). With a few curse words, and a couple of stabs in the hand with some tools (ouch), I got the job done.
2) On the front I also put down a layer of Reynolds parchment paper. I rolled her up carefully with an old bedsheet for padding.
3) We made a triangular cardboard tube. Tightly rolled up, she easily and securely went into the tube. Did you know it costs less to mail a triangular tube then a round? I guess the idea is that the triangular tube is easier to stack for shipping, while a round one just rolls around.
4) Off to the post office for her journey to Saskatchewan - enroute to Mexico, adding insurance to the package, which will give me a tracking number.
5) Go to Mexico to visit her (hopefully)
Till Next Time ...
From the Prairies, to the West Coast and Beyond...Susan