After dinner, my mother always gets her coffee pot ready for the next morning. She pours the water in and measures the coffee. Then she carefully places it in position, ready to push the button early in the morning. I often wondered why?
1) If you do it in the morning you might pour water all over the counter top as the coffee pot overflows. Your hand is shaky and weak from lack of caffeine.
2) You might forget to add the coffee (yes I have done it), which makes for very weak coffee.
3) The container holding the coffee grinds often gets lost, as you sleepily put it in the wrong cupboard with the peanut butter or in the fridge with the milk.
4) Coffee grounds always end up getting spilled over the counter as my hand is shaky and too weak from lack of caffeine (see item # 1).
5) You'll have a better night's sleep knowing that all you have to do in the morning is REMEMBER to push the button.
As usual, mother knows best!
Till Next Time ...
From the Prairies, to the West Coast and Beyond...Susan
Post a Comment