My handyman Jeff was given the task of stretching it onto stretcher boards. Once that was done I began putting many, many, many layers of thick paint and gesso on the canvas. I used raw umber, thalo red, thalo violet, thalo this and thalo that ... tubes of paint that I have also been carrying around for many years and wanted to use up. A spring cleaning, one might say.
My main objective was just to get a nice thick coat of paint on the canvas. Suddenly out of nowhere these poppies began to appear. With a few brush strokes more I added the blue background and a few seed pods, turning an abstract into something recognizable.
The finished piece is 20 x 24". It's a bit abstract and different from my usual paintings.
Rather designer looking and fun to make.
Hmmm, I still have another piece of canvas to stretch! Oh Jeff.
Till Next Time ...
Love what you Do ... and Do what you Love.