A couple people have asked me in the last two days - "Do you like painting at TOSH?" And I quickly answered "Yes".
Here are a few of the reasons:
- it gives me a fresh day, away from the home office, away from my computer and emails where I can just have fun and throw some paint around
- I have two wonderful volunteer ladies that I work with in the gift shop, which always makes for interesting conversations
- I am immersed in a beautiful creative environment all day. I take breaks and wander through the back studios where the other resident artists are hard at "Play". Plus there is always wonderful exhibitions upstairs in the galleries where I can have a cup of tea and look at some more inspiring work.
- I get to chat to people from all over the world who are visiting our beautiful Qualicum Beach. We talk about the weather, about art, about their homeland ...
- I get to hand out a few Island Arts Magazines, which is always fun
- I usually have a lunch date lined up with one of my friends
- and on top of all that, I usually get a good start or a finish to one of my paintings
So, Hell yes, I love my painting days at TOSH. My next scheduled paint day is March 23rd - come by and say "Hi".
Till Next Time ...
Love what you Do ... and Do what you Love.